The Outdoor Living Today 8'x12' Studio Garden Shed (STU128) is manufactured from sustainable western red cedar and features a modern look for the urban multipurpose garden building. The Studio Garden Shed is ideal as a garden shed, creative studio, storage space, or a guest room. Maximize your space to its maximum potential with the functional and comfortable.
The panelized cedar walls feature bevel sided cladding and architecturally pleasing cedar shingles. Screw or nail the components together on the supplied floor. The supplied floor is manufactured with 2 ft. x 4 ft. cedar joists and floor runners as well as 5/8 in. thick pre-cut plywood for your convenience. No need to purchase hardware, assembly hardware is included.
Two large operational aluminium windows with screens provide great ventilation and, in combination with the 3 non-functional aluminium windows, provide lots of light into your storage space. The solid Fiberglass locking door offers great access and completes the ‘Studio’ look. (Primed off-white and will need to be painted!)
Assembly often takes two – three days for two workers and the kit includes a detailed homeowner’s assembly manual (also included as a link on this page). Weekend and evening assistance is available to answer all your assembly questions. The entire unit ships on a pallet via a motor freight company directly to your residence. See our home delivery options to learn more!
Outdoor Living Today’s Finished Cedar kits are easily assembled. Components are pre-drilled, assembled and disassembled at our manufacturing facility to ensure products fit together. Made of quality sustainable Western Red Cedar that is both beautiful and durable. Manufactured in and shipped from North America.
What is an OLT finished kit?
- This ensures products are easy to assemble
- Some components are pre-drilled
- Kits ship in finished components
- Wall siding and roof shingles already assembled
- No dangerous and time consuming cutting
- No wasted time going to the hardware store
- Manageable wall, roof and floor panel sizes
- Flexible window and door placement
- Only limited tools required to assemble
- Limited building experience required
- Includes all assembly hardware
- Floor Footprint = 136.5 in. Wide x 96 in. Deep
- Outside Front Height = 117 in.
- Outside Rear Height = 105 in.
- Outside Depth with Roof Overhang = 120 in.
- Outside Width with Roof Overhang = 150 in.
- Large Window Opening = 30 in. Wide x 36 in. Height
- Small Window Opening = 32 in. Wide x 10 in. Height
- Door Dimensions = 35 in. Wide x 79 in. Height
- Inside Dimensions = 131.5 in. Wide x 91 in. Deep x 102 in. (F) Height x 84 in. (R) Height
- Western Red Cedar construction for durability, strength and beauty
- Precut assembly pieces – no time-consuming, dangerous cutting required
- Panelized wall and roof design features OLT’s proprietary cedar lap siding and shingles
- Panelized walls include Western Red Cedar cladding already attached on 2×3 wall framing
- Assembly time is approximately 2-3 days for two people depending on level of experience
- Product ships unstained and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look
- Made entirely with renewable resources for environmental friendliness
WHAT IS A LIFTGATE DELIVERY?
The Liftgate Delivery Fee covers what is referred to as a Liftgate Delivery which includes the handling, moving and/or positioning of a freight item. If you do not own a forklift or the item is not removable by you without disassembly, then you need the Liftgate Delivery Option.
Installation of Studio Garden Shed
Installation of Interior Wall Panels
Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof System:
Outdoor Living Today's Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof System comes with the following materials:
- Western Red Cedar Shingle Panels. Cedar Shingles will be already attached to the ½” plywood roof sheathing. Roofing paper will be included between plywood and shingles to prevent water penetration
- Seam Filler Shingles – our proprietary designed Filler Shingles are included to be attached to roof panels to create a seamless and tight roof
- Western Red Cedar Roof Ridge Caps
- All necessary hardware to attach the roofing system correctly
Shingles will have a 6 ½” exposure to prevent premature cupping and deterioration of the shingle.
Simply lift each panel up and place on roof rafters. Attach each panel and then position our proprietary filler shingle in roof seams.
To complete, position roof ridge caps on roof apex and attach with supplied fasteners.